Every business, whether small or large, is now heavily using computer systems. Law firm, bank, chemical plant or textile company. They all benefit from the power of IT now. In the 21st century, IT is at the heart of business and processes.
As such, we can begin to answer this question by determining that neredeyse almost all services / goods and benefits that make up our companies' revenues cannot be produced without contacting information systems ”.
We have prepared a short list for those who want to understand how IT affects business. Behind all the services and benefits you see in this list are the IT systems that work.
- Corporate Web page, E-commerce system, E-mail system,
- Office wireless networks, IP telephones, VOIP / PBX exchanges, your call center, telephone systems,
- security cameras,
- Database, packet software (ERP, Accounting, Inventory tracking, backoffice) etc.)
- Stock-order tracking systems with data entry from the field with smartphones and tablets.
- Reporting, MIS, OLTP, decision support systems.
- Branch / Dealer communication lines (ADSL, Fiber) and provider devices (modem, router)
- Production, shipping and control systems.
IT systems make our lives easier, but problems and failures are part of this world. There may be a problem at any time, stopping your systems and causing revenue losses. Therefore, continuous monitoring of IT systems protects your business from potential problems such as preventive medicine.
Taking a precautionary approach as the problem approaches is always a cheaper and simpler method than solving the problem after it occurs. However, if you have not set up a structure to carry information from your systems, you cannot hear the footsteps of the approaching problem.